Dynamic External JDE [EWI Rail/Panel]
Dynamic External Wall (JDE) products are designed for retrofit or new build external wall application as a solid wall insulation system that couples the ventilation system to the insulation. The Dynamic EWI system can produce U-values of circa 0.15W/m2.K using only 100mm EPS insulation.
Two systems have been developed:
- A Panelised System where the air channels are encompassed in the panel – the panel is fixed to the wall as per convention
- A Rail System where the air channel is formed between the existing wall and the insulation.
The combination of ventilation and insulation results in the following benefits over a conventional solid wall insulation:
- 0.15W/m2.K U-value in 100mm of insulationReduced thermal bridging
- 20% increase CO2 savings
- Thinner form factor
- Less intrusion into internal / external areas
- Greater subsidy level from CERT/CESP schemes
- 10% reduction in net cost for Housing Providers
- 27% reduction in Household Utility Bills
- Improved indoor air quality
- Payback time reduced from 8.5 to 6 years
Dynamic External Insulation products are OFGEM recognised for current government utility subsidy schemes such as CERT and CESP.
Dynamic External Wall (JDE): Product Specification
JDE is manufactured by Jablite from Graphite Impregnated Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) for standard 50-100mm systems:
- JDE EWI Rail 50-100mm
- Density 25 kgm-3
- Thermal conductivity 0.030 Wm-1K-1
- Design back pressure <2Pa (‘K’ value of 0.030W/m2.K)
- Supplied as EPS 70 (BS EN 13163 - Reaction to Fire Class E, containing a flame-retardant additive)
EPS is recognised for its excellent energy efficiency and low environmental impact with a zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and low GWP (Global Warming Potential).